Wednesday, November 17, 2010

And now for something completely different!



I haven't written poetry in over 4 years. That being said, I started again. As one of my dear friends said recently about her own experience, I am having a renaissance of me. I mirror that sentiment. So, without further adieu: Some poetrizzay.

Snaps are welcome.


i keep remembering
"i sing the body electric"
and my body hovers above me
i feel the syntax and sin tacks onto me
but i am unraveling
watching slivers of light escape
hitting the walls, refracting, bending, traveling,
making prisms and spectrums of once harbored light.
without bounds, my reach extends
i can hold this with my hands
i will hold this in my heart

my toes curl over the edge and wander
there is a space for me here
warm and endless.
i pour my hands into it
i let it seep into me like dye
i allow myself this indulgence
my one palpable ecstasy
i look intangible in the eye- and smile.
my hands reach forward.


No title for that yet, but I am proud of it. I am proud of it for its honesty. I am so happy lately. Its contagious, you know...

Happiness.

Have an empowered day. :)


2 comments:

  1. This is much better than your poetry Dylan and I did a poetry reading of this summer at your house.
    :)

    This is real. this is pure. Its not forced or hard. Its beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete